Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
New Student Checklist
A quick education on becoming a Cougar.
Step 2: Login to your SCC Portal with your SCC email and password – to access email and Canvas. Remember, the SCC Portal>SCC Connection is where you can register for classes, see your financial aid, view your grades, etc. You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal. Learn More.
- Your username/password is contained in your Welcome/Acceptance email which is normally sent within 1 business day of applying to the college. If you don't see it, check your 'spam' and 'junk' folders and then email email@example.com and we will re-send it.
- If you have issues signing in, please contact the IT Service Desk at 636-922-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are requested to supply additional information (i.e. transcripts, change of information, residency proof, citizenship documents, date of birth or Social Security Number corrections, tuition rate corrections, registration restrictions, waivers) send the documents to email@example.com from your SCC email account for processing.
Step 3: Submit Transcripts – your final High School transcript, ACT scores, and any other College or University transcripts you may have. Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit (if you have college transfer credits from another institution) Transfer students must request that their transcripts be evaluated so they can be transferred into your SCC student record. Sign into your SCC Portal>Quick Links>eForms>Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit - complete the required information and click submit.
- You will receive an email to your SCC email account with instructions on how to view your transfer classes and how they were accepted at SCC. Please allow two weeks for an evaluation from the time the transcripts are received at SCC.
Step 4: Prepare for your Advising Appointment:
- Review the Pathways, Degrees, & Certificates. Make sure your Advisor knows which major, degree, or certificate you are hoping to complete at SCC. Look at the information contained on this site to learn more about which courses are suggested for your academic path.
- Review the available course schedule and add those classes to your SCC Student Planning. Learn how by watching this quick tutorial.
- Register for Classes in SCC Student Planning! (see video tutorial above)
Step 5: Meet with SCC Academic Advisor. Learn more about how to meet with an academic advisor by going to the New to SCC page. You may also email email@example.com from your SCC email if you have quick questions.
Step 6: Apply for financial aid and scholarships. Be sure and complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA.gov by the deadline to see if you are eligible for any financial aid. If you have completed the A+ Program at a local high school, this step is mandatory! Be sure to check out these quick videos on How to Fill Out the FAFSA and on the rest of the Financial Aid Process at SCC.
Step 7: Arrange for Payment. (click here)
Step 8: Purchase materials needed for each course at the Campus Store.